Friday, July 22, 2011

Lauren Semivan!

My new friend Lauren will be lecturing at the Ohio State University this fall in the Photography Department. Check out a recent interview here. These are a couple of her eerily gorjus works of photographic alchemy!



Lauren talks about her work in terms of narrative, process and evolving her work over time. I most identify with what she says about 'the problem'. 

"The investigation itself is the most important part, I think. I would imagine that most artists agree that some of these questions can never really be completely answered anyway, and that this problem itself is beautiful. I am conscious of slowly building or uncovering a very specific psychological place over time within my work. " -LS. 

I am super excited to get to know her better this year while she imparts her wisdom to the next generation of photographers at OSU. 

No comments:

Post a Comment